Friday, December 01, 2006

More Emotions

As I re-read my earlier post and thought more about my feelings I had this morning, I couldn't help but get upset with myself. I know I am only human, and those feelings are normal for parents in our situation. But, playing in the snow, walking, running, jumping on a trampoline, playing soccer, etc., are the very LEAST of the things we wish Nate could do. I wish Nate could breathe without a machine; cough and blow his nose without machines; swallow so he could eat foods and drink by his mouth, instead of through a button in his stomach; swallow so he wouldn't choke on his own secretions; scratch an itch he has with his own hands; and, be able to talk so we could help him better and understand what's wrong or what he needs. These are the MAJOR worries. Sure, we would love Nate to be running around playing, but his HEALTH is MUCH more important than making a snowman!

This site is a great place to vent and thanks for listening. But don't worry, you won't be reading posts like this very often, because we are a very optimistic family and we have FAITH....faith that the Lord hears our prayers every night asking for all of the wishes mentioned above; Nate's complete healing; and, a cure for SMA. And most important of all, we know He hears our THANK YOU's for blessing us with Nate's life.

Jennifer

No comments: